Welcome to Hobbyknob Farm Blog!

I look forward to introducing you to the wonderful world of sheep, chickens, llamas, nigerian dwarf dairy goats and sebastopol geese. And any other little critters that happen to show up or live around here. Livestock keep us connected to our agricultural history, the land and the cycle of life.

Monday, December 13, 2010

THANKSGIVING 2010

Although Thanksgiving has past I finally have time to put some thoughts down. We enjoyed a turkey raised by a local farmer (Hickory Nut Gap Farm). I continually feel thankful that I live in Western North Carolina where there is such an interest in raising food. I know the farmer by name, I know how the turkey lived and was fed. It may cost a little more than a Butterball but the money stayed right here in my community and went directly to the farmer. My sweet potatoes came from North Carolina.The eggs for my dressing came from my own hens. Getting close to keeping it all local or regional but not quite there yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment